The In-Country Value program pioneered by ADNOC in 2018 is a procurement-led initiative which is designed to achieve optimal value from our nation’s oil and gas resources. The program has now expanded beyond oil and gas to include different sectors and is now adopted by the Ministry of Technology and Advanced Technology (MoIAT). The shall ensure an aligned certification process to ensure efficiency and broad-based growth of the UAE’s economy
The program delivers In-Country value by focusing on three main objectives:
- GDP diversification through increased expenditure on a growing variety of local goods and services
- Emiratization and personal development opportunities for UAE Nationals in the private sector
- The localization of strategic capabilities for critical supply chain functions in the oil and gas industry.
The In- Country Value Program consists of two parts:
- The ICV certification part is under the mandate of the Ministry of Technology and Advanced Technology (MoIAT) and is unified and aligned between all ICV participating entities. The unified ICV certificate will be considered by all the participating entities. Therefore, Suppliers are only required to issue one ICV certificate per legal entity that shall be used by all participating entities.
- The ICV implementation will be unique at each entity level. It represents the way each participating entity will use the certificate in its business activities. Accordingly, the ICV certificate will be considered by each participating entity in accordance with its policy.
The successful implementation of our In-Country Value strategy requires the cooperation and support of all our stakeholders.