At ADNOC, the lives of our employees and contractors are paramount to our optimal business performance. We have developed robust policies to address both personal and process safety challenges. We have increased accountability in our workplace while recognizing safe and good behavior across our operations.
We have embedded a safety culture into our everyday lives by launching ten Life-Saving Rules that keep our employees and contractors safe. These principles are based on international best practices and help prevent injuries, protect the lives of our employees, and safeguard damage to our assets.
10 Life-Saving Rules
- Work with a valid permit when required - Obtain authorization before entering a confined space
- Verify isolation and zero energy before work begins
- Obtain authorization before overriding or disabling safety controls
- Protect yourself against a fall when working at height
- Plan lifting operations and control the area
- Follow the rules for working in toxic gas environments
- Follow safe driving rules
- Keep yourself and others out of the line of fire
- Control flammables and ignition sources