IRSHAD was established on January 14, 1979 as a joint venture between ADNOC, which holds 60% of the shares, and Land and Marine National Contracting Company (Lamnalco), which holds the remaining 40%.
IRSHAD is responsible for operating the petroleum port of Jebel Dhanna and other petroleum and industrial ports in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. It also provides maintenance to the offshore loading terminals, sub-sea equipment, and navigation aids, as well as participating in fire and pollution fighting activities at the ports.
IRSHAD began by operating the Jebel Dhanna petroleum port on behalf of ADCO. IRSHAD has developed rapidly and, within the first decade of its existence, became the exclusive operator of almost all of the petroleum ports in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
In order to fulfill its duties, IRSHAD owns and operates a TOTAL of thirty nine vessels of various types and capabilities. IRSHAD specified and supervised the building of most of its vessels in order to ensure that they were built to highest standards for their vital tasks.
IRSHAD is committed to reaching and maintaining the highest quality and safety standards. In 2000, IRSHAD was certified under the International Safety Management (ISM) Code. Each of its vessels above 300 GT was issued with an individual Safety Management Certificate to confirm its compliance with international marine standards. In 2004, IRSHAD’s Quality Management System was certified under ISO-9001:2000.